Saturday, February 14, 2015

Singing Cubes

I made these a while ago, back in August of 2013.  I like that these are interchangeable.  The kids love throwing these around.  One cube holds the songs we will sing and the other cube holds a "How To" card.  (Sing like a robot, sing while holding your tongue, etc...)  There was one blog that had some cute "Sing Like A..." cards, but that blog has been taken down (I have them save on my computer, however.)  There are some other cute ideas on Pinterest for different ways the kids can sing.  My Pinterest board for LDS Primary Songs
 
Original Post:
Everyone once in a while I get some crazy idea in my head for a project.  Today was one of those days.  I was trying to figure out what to do for Singing Time on Sunday.  I had been thinking about it all week, and I had no ideas.  I was sitting on the floor in my room when I got some inspiration from some baby toys I was putting in the DI pile.  Woo-hoo!  Off to the fabric store!
After much wandering around.  Lots of talking to myself.  (Samantha was with me and she hates when I do that.)  Everything was in hand and ready to go home with my new project pieces.
I was attempting to make a Singing Cube; two of them to be exact.  One for the song we would sing, and the other for how we would sing that song.  
Items needed:
Foam - I decided to make my cubes 8x8x8 
I did have to do a little piecing, but I think it won't matter
You'll need some cute fabric
Samantha found the cute music fabric 
 Plastic to hold my singing cards
 One cube complete!
Two cubes complete!
 Cards printed/created
Cube for how we would sing: I found some GREAT already created cards for how to sing.  One was created by Divine Secrets of a Primary Chorister and the other was found on LDS Primary Chorister Ideas.  I LOVE Pinterest and all the wonderful ideas it gives me access to.  
Cube for songs we would sing: I made a list of a variety of wiggle songs our primary kids know.  I'm not sure who love the wiggle songs more, me or them...
Everything was quickly sewn and done and ready for Sunday Primary Singing Time!  Bring on the songs!!  (I LOVE when my crazy ideas work!)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment