Saturday, February 14, 2015

Nursery Props

I LOVE going and singing with the Nursery Kids.  Here are a few props I take in to help make Song Time more fun and exciting.
Wooden Suns (found on clearance at JoAnns)
Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam

Jingle Bells
We use for MANY songs!
These are made with large popsicle sticks, jingle bells (obviously), and key rings.  I used my Crop-A-Dile Big Bite (I am not endorsing this product, but I LOVE it!) to punch holes in the wood, then put the key ring on the popsicle stick, then the bells on the key ring.  Super easy and very cost efficient.  
 
Rhythm Sticks
These are chop sticks that I got at the 99 Cent Only store and put duct tape on one side.  Super easy and can be used for many songs, including "Our Primary Colors." 
 
Egg Shakers
The kids LOVE these!  Eggs, rice (or beans, corn, etc), and glue/tape.  I glued my shut, but I also put colorful electrical tape along the edges.  I used rice in these eggs, but the rice is small and comes out of the tiny ventilation hole in the bottom of the egg.  I tried covering the eggs with stickers to prevent that, but the stickers are coming off.  I am planning redoing these and using corn.
 
Ribbon Wands
We mostly use these for "Give, Said the Little Stream."  I have made two different kinds.  The first ones made I used fabric ribbons.  The second set I used curling ribbons.  Again, I used my Crop-A-Dile Big Bite to punch holes through the popsicle sticks and just tied knots on both sides so the strings don't come out.  These are fun to play with.  
Second set of Ribbon Wands

No comments:

Post a Comment